In curbing the spread of COVID-19, the Government is constantly evaluating re-instruction of the Movement Control Order (PKP) specially at the states that recorded an increase in COVID-19 positive cases dramatically.
This ongoing re-evaluation is system-guided early warning – Hotspots Identification for Dynamic Engagement (HIDE), co-developed by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) and the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH). This HIDE system enabling the Government to take proactive action in controlling the transmission of COVID-19 outbreaks. Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation, YB Khairy Jamaluddin has already detailed the system HIDE.
To ensure no confusion, all decisions and announcement of the implementation of PKP in any area or the state will be made by the Federal Government after it decided in the NSC meeting.
Movement Control Order (PKP) in Selangor
- After examining the presentation of the Selangor Government and referring to MOH and HIDE date, Security Council Negara (MKN) agreed to implement PKP on 6 of the following 9 districts:
- Hulu Langat
- Kuala Langat
- PKP for the districts involved will come into effect on May 6 to May 17, 2021
- Meanwhile, 3 other districts are Kuala Selangor, Sabak Bernam and Hulu Selangor are still under the Conditional PKP (PKPB).
- This decision is made after taking made after taking into account improvements abruptly a positive case of COVID-19 and decide chain of infection COVID-19. The State of Selangor has recorded a high daily number of cases since April 20 until May 4, 2021
- Thus, movement across states and districts within these six districts are not allowed at all, EXCEPT for emergency matters.
- Food premises such as restaurants, food trucks, hawkers and kiosks are allowed to operate from 6.00am to 12.00am night only.
- Grocery store convenience store and daily necessities as well as pharmacy also allowed to operate from 6.00am to 10.00pm.
- Petrol stations are allowed to operate from 6.00am until 10.00pm however petrol station on the highway allowed to operate 24 hours.
- In addition, hospitals, clinics and medical laboratories can operate as usual.
- For the operation of daily markets, farmers markets, public markets and markets weeks are allowed to operate from 6.00am to 2.00am evening.
- Ramadan bazaars in PKP areas are still allowed to operate according to strict SOPs. However, the decision to resume or close the bazaar operation is subject to the authority of the State Government through the Party Local Authority (PBT).
- To know further SOP regarding PKP in these 6 districts, you can access the MKN website at www.mkn.gov.my