HRDF is a fund for employer to train their staff.
3 Steps to claim HRDF
- Register for your employer for any HRDF claimable traning
- Employer to pay the training
- HRDF will reimburse the employer
Can I not register for HRDF ?
- If your company has 10 or more of employees, then you MUST register for HRDF.
- Charging 1% of employee monthly wages
- Refer to this list of industries : federalgazette.agc.gov.my/outputp/pua_20210226_PUA85_2021.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3YtzA94TMgKm3gyttLgQOsHGkxsw-FwEQyIXIhG_cJ2bFQG2WCiBERsBY
- The following are exempted :
- Local Council
- Federal government
- State Government
- Statutory Body
- NGO with Social and Welfare Activities
- Agriculture and farming
- Livestock and fisheries
- Forestry and logging
- Mining and quarrying
- Manufacturing and production
- Trading, business and wholesale
- Culture, arts and entertainment
- Fashion and clothes
- Tourism and recreation
- Gas and steam
- Water Sewerage
- Management of solid waste, liquid and gaseous and remedial
- Repair and maintenance
- Food and beverages
- Information system
- Communication and multimedia
- Broadcasting and films
- Banking and finance
- Insurance and takaful
- Co-operative societies
- Science and technology
- Research and development
- Science and technicality
- Administration and support service
- Medical and health facilities
- Social welfare
How to calculate the Levy?
Documents required to register HRDF ?
- Certificate of Incorporation / registration
- (Form 9 / business license / Form 8 / Section 14 Super form and other registration certificate)
- Documents for no. of employees
- (EPF statement / SOCSO statement)
- Documents for employers activities
- (Company profile / annual report or other documents showing employers activities)
How to register HRDF ?
Q & A
🤔 Who should register？
💡 If your company has 10 or more of employees, then you MUST register for HRDF.
🤔 How much does the employer need to pay for each month？
💡 1% of the employee’s monthly salary.
🤔 Is the 1% being deducted directly from the employee’s salary?
💡 No. It’s being paid by the employer.
🤔 How do employer make payment？
💡 Payment can be made via online
🤔 Who considered as an employee？
💡 Sdn Bhd – director and employee
💡 Sole Prop & Partnership – employee only
🤔 How to register？
💡 Registration can be done via HRDF website or walk-in
💡 Click here: http://www.hrdf.com.my/employer/
🤔 What does salary mean？
💡 Salary means basic salary, fixed allowances, and leave pay.
🤔 Why employers have to pay HRDF levy? Any benefits?
💡 Employers are able to claim training grants from HRDF for the cost (course fee, transportation & accommodation) incurred in sending its employee to attend a training program or providing internal training (recognized speaker).
🤔 How to claim？
💡 Claim can be made via HRDF website.
🤔 Can employers not register with HRDF? What are the consequences?
💡 Any employer who meets the criteria and choose not to register with HRDF shall be liable to a fine of not more than RM10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year or to both.
For more information, please visit HRDF website : https://www.hrdf.com.my/expansion_psmb_act2001/